(Geology & Exploration)
East Central, Saskatchewan, Canada
Geologist: Three positions -- temporary or seasonal
The Geologist position is for on-site geological work at McIlvenna Bay on a rotational basis. This job involves but is not restricted to geological core logging, geological mapping and geochemical sampling. Involvement in the design and implementation of the geological program at McIlvenna Bay is encouraged. An opportunity to work on regional and other projects in the region is anticipated. The successful candidate will report directly to the Project Manager.
- Geological core logging and limited geotechnical core logging as required.
- Drill site supervision.
- Down-hole surveying (Maxibor).
- Geological mapping.
- Whole rock and soil geochemical sampling.
- A graduate or undergraduate degree in Geology.
- Relevant field experience. Diamond drill core logging experience would be an asset.
- The ability to work well with others in a remote site field camp.
- Experience with exploration software programs MapInfo and AutoCAD would be an asset.
- Exploration experience with volcanogenic massive sulphide (VMS) deposits is preferable.
A competitive salary is available for the successful candidates, with an opportunity for longer term employment as part of the Foran exploration team.