FIFO Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reporting to the HSE Manager, the Environmental Superintendent will be accountable for supervising all environmental aspects of the Client’s flagship operation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the preparation of environmental reports, licence applications, and submissions.
- Preparation of internal weekly and month end environmental reports.
- Manage internal environmental resources to optimise internal processes / practices and ensure that planned objectives are achieved within budget.
- Liaison with Mining and Processing staff to ensure they are aware of the Company’s operating licence conditions and obligations.
- Lead by example with respect to safety performance ensuring hazards are identified, reported and acted upon.
- Provide a strategic and proactive focus on environment programs and site practices.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s environmental licences and conditions associated with the Project.
- Mentoring of junior members of staff
- Work with operational departments to develop procedures and policies for major environmental issues.
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science or equivalent
- 5-10 years experience
- Provide coverage for the HSE Manager as required
- Embrace the Company’s health, safety and environment values, manage environmental risk assessments and implement practical control measures.