Calgary, Alberta, Canada
HR Assistant- 6 Month Contract Position, Calgary, AB
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources and Administration, the HR Assistant’s primary role is to support project managers in the hiring and on-boarding process for the winter field season personnel.
This temporary position is based out of Calgary, with no travel required.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Able to work in a dynamic team environment, requiring interaction with employees, associates and managers.
- Work is not generally supervised in detail and amount of supervision varies depending upon assignments. Guidance is available to review work progress and provide advice on assignments
Planning and Execution
- Delivers full cycle recruitment, selection and on-boarding processes for the Canadian business units including, preparing job postings, reviewing resumes, conducting telephone prescreens, ensuring only qualified and interested candidates are presented to hiring managers, arranging interviews, completing reference checks, preparing and tracking offer letters, sending out new hire paperwork
- Coordinates with business units to ensure new employee on boarding process is completed including, ordering related IT, scheduling any necessary Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) training, ordering any necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Administers safety programs and ensure required records related to Health & Safety are maintained, including coordination of safety & other training programs
- Maintains employee records in files and HR / HSE related systems
- Coordinates and directs the orientation of new employees and associates
- Certificate or Diploma in HR Management or related work experience
Summary of Experience
- 2 to 3 years relevant experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Have strong, written, and verbal skills and able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Self-starter and able to work in a team environment or independently as required
- Committed to maintaining a professional work environment
- Understand and respect matters of confidentiality
- Have strong computer skills, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and have a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
Location of Employment: Calgary, AB Canada. Candidates applying for this position must be legally entitled to work in Canada.