(Management & Executives)
Tanzania, Tanzania, United Republic of
Our client is one of the largest producers in the world, with a portfolio of 25 operating mines, advanced exploration and development projects located across five continents, and large land positions on the most prolific and prospective mineral trends. With over 20,000 employees around the globe, our client’s vision is to be the world’s best mining company by finding, acquiring, developing and producing quality reserves in a safe, profitable and socially responsible manner. Achieving their vision depends on having the best employees in the world.
Reporting to the Mine General Manger, we are seeking an Operations Manager, for our Client’s gold mining operations in Tanzania. The Operations Manager will be responsible to ensure the smooth running of the total mine to mill operation (Mining, Processing and Maintenance) and will need to ensure production targets are met, availability of equipment is maximized and costs optimized.
The Operations Manager will be the stand in for the General Manager in his absence and will need to have the innate leadership capability to be groomed to take over the GM position.
- Reporting to the GM and as part of the site leadership team, the incumbent will focus on ensuring support for the operations, creating a culture of on-going process improvement and increasing plant throughput.
- Provide direct management of the site operations including mining, processing, maintenance.
- Ensures site strategies are concretely linked to the organizations long term strategy.
- Develop and execute short and intermediate term strategies that support growth of the operation.
- Lead execution of strategies in the mine in order to enhance current operations practices and performance.
- Set priorities and allocate resources.
- Assist the GM in formulation the annual operating and capital budgets for the mine consistent with the company’s established financial guidelines and business planning process.
- Participates with other senior staff to set production goals.
- BSc degree in Mining, Geological, Civil or Metallurgical Engineering
- Understands all relevant international, regional, local laws, statutes, regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures affecting the employment and safety of persons in the mining industry.
- Five to ten years of experience at a senior managerial level with general oversight of a mining operation
- Graduate studies in business.
Our client will negotiate a very attractive remuneration and benefits package in accordance with your skills and experience. Our client value’s their employees, and they are committed to supporting career aspirations.