Mobile Shift Fitter
Strathalbyn, South Australia, Australia
Terramin Australia Limited is a base metal production company with an owner-operated underground mine located 2kms from the town of Strathalbyn, just 60km from Adelaide’s CBD. The Angas Zinc Mine commenced production in July 2008. The initial Probable Reserves of 2.15 million tonnes at 10.5% Pb+Zn were sufficient for a seven year operation. Drilling results from the near mine exploration show indications of further shoots that could extend mine life. The mine is located in an historical mining belt where the Company holds over 1000km2 of tenements with encouraging exploration results, offering further potential for deposits that could be processed at Angas or developed into new mines.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Mobile Shift Fitter to support our Maintenance division based at the Angas Zinc Mine. Reporting to the Leading Hand Mobile Plant the position is responsible for carrying out inspections, repairs and servicing for planned and scheduled maintenance of heavy duty underground mobile equipment. There is additional responsibility for undertaking diagnostic evaluations and identifying appropriate measures to rectify for breakdowns.
- 4 days on 5 days off followed by 5 days on 4 days off, 12 hour continuous shift.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out inspections, repairs and servicing for planned and scheduled maintenance of heavy duty mobile plant and equipment.
- Undertake diagnostic evaluations and identify appropriate measures to rectify and minimise breakdowns.
- Undertake regular maintenance of equipment.
- Raise work orders in the Pronto maintenance system.
- Complete documentation as required including work orders, shift reports etc.
- Perform thorough shift handovers.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Mechanical Trades Qualification.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience with underground heavy duty mobile plant equipment.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude to support operational requirements.
- Previous experience working on Caterpillar loaders, Sandvik & Atlas drills desirable
- Ability to work autonomously and adhere to all safe work practices.
- Practiced time management skills and ability to prioritise multiple tasks.