Farnborough, Hampshire, England
Geotechnical Engineer (Quarries) Long term contract.
6-12 Months plus in Farnborough, Hampshire.
Trips to Guinea, West Africa maybe required.
The main object will be to provide specialist knowledge in contract formation and specification writing with respect to Geotechnical Engineer- Quarrying projects.
The project is a Iron Ore mine in West Africa, therefore experience in mining and quarrying is essential.
You will be responsible for:
- Writing geotechnical reports regarding Quarrying procedures
- Prepare contracts and specification for quarrying operations.
- Liaising with the design team and provide expert knowledge of quarrying procedures
- Maintaining up-to-date records and dealing with a range of paperwork;
- Advised the project team Geotechnical and quarrying expertise
-Analysis site data and findings to provide the design team with appropriate advice regarding design and construction procedures
- Liaising with staff on site and dealing with any technical or staffing challenges that arise;
- Undertake regular site inspections and risk assessments in order to comply with all health and safety regulations (Site based)
BSc in Geological Sciences / Geotechnical Engineering / Soil Mechanics or Foundation Engineering. Chartered status is preferable.
For over 25 years, TRS has specialized in the supply of engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services personnel to a broad spectrum of industries worldwide.
With 17 offices across the globe, we bring local expertise to international markets and have the industry knowledge to help match the right candidate to the right role.
£35-50 per hour