Reno or Elko, Nevada, United States
JBR Environmental Consultants, Inc. has an immediate opening for a GIS Specialist to be located in either our Reno or Elko, Nevada offices. Primary responsibilities would include map production and spatial analysis of vector and raster data sets in support of environmental science and planning efforts, report writing, and GIS model development.
Experience (up to 5 years) with ArcGIS, familiarity with ArcGIS 9.x-10.x and cartographic map production is required. Additional experience with any associated extensions (Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, ArcGIS Server, etc.), GIS Enterprise systems, and GPS equipment and software is preferred. Mining experience a plus.
Typical GIS projects support natural resource inventories and assessments, NEPA analysis and documentation, and master planning efforts for private and Federal clients. The position provides an excellent opportunity for applying GIS knowledge and skills across a variety of science and planning disciplines. Candidates must be motivated individuals with excellent cartographic and interpersonal communication skills and strong organizational and data management skills.
- The candidate should have up to 5 years of experience working with or training in ESRI ArcGIS and recent use of ArcGIS 9.x-10.x software.
- Additional experience with GPS and associated software is preferred.
- The candidate should have a BS/BA degree in Geography, Environmental Science, or related field.
- An MS/MA degree will substitute for one year of experience.
- An understanding of cartographic principles, data management, and digital map production.
- Attention to detail and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, for working with coworkers and clients.
- Knowledge of ESRI Geodatabase design structure and management is a plus, as well as general database knowledge.
JBR is a dynamic, full-service, and growing environmental consulting firm with offices throughout the western United States. We offer excellent environmental consulting career opportunities for talented environmental professionals and positions for support staff. JBR employs professionals with dynamic minds and diverse talents with positions in the fields of: air quality engineering, biology/botany, environmental science and engineering, geology and hydrogeology, industrial safety and health, hydrology, range science, reclamation and remediation science and engineering, risk assessment, soil science, and wetland science.
We believe that successful environmental firms must set and meet high standards for responsible, scientifically sound, objective environmental services. At the same time, clients must receive a return on their investment. At JBR we meet, and sometimes set, these increasingly higher professional standards while also maintaining an outstanding work environment. We have demonstrated this excellence through sustained growth and financial performance.
These factors alone set JBR apart:
- Low employee turnover.
- Demonstrated career growth opportunities.
- An above market performance bonus program.
- At-market salaries and benefits (listed below) that are maintained at market through annual reviews of market conditions.
- Additional compensation for employees who work long hours.
- Flexible work schedules that recognize the importance of a healthy work / life balance.
- A working environment and culture of mutual support and respect.
JBR also offers the following benefits for full time employees who work 30 hours or more per week:401k Retirement Savings Plan with an above market employer matching contribution.Paid and Unpaid/Flexible Time Off.Bonus Plan.In addition to the above benefits, JBR offers the following benefits for full time positions:Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance.Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts.Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance.Life Insurance Coverage.Employee Assistance Program.