Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Norwest Corporation is an international resources consulting firm with clients in the energy, mining and environmental industries. We have offices in Canada, United States, Australia, India and China, with Canadian operations focused in Calgary and Vancouver. We are one of the world’s most fully integrated energy consulting firms. Norwest has the ability to offer successful candidates interdisciplinary job opportunities around the world.
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will be the project manager of a multidisciplinary team working primarily on large oilsand and coal projects from exploration and site investigations, to conceptual design through to construction. Opportunities will require candidate to:
- Prepare proposals, cost estimates and timelines for projects;
- Lead the planning, field support and completion of geotechnical site investigations;
- Review and interpret monitoring information from geotechnical instrumentation programs;
- Manage the analyses and design of civil earthworks structures primarily mine pit slopes, waste disposal areas, and tailings dams;
- Track costs and hours for projects;
- Write and/or review technical design reports;
- Support mine and tailings planning groups in the development and design of large mining projects as required;
- Undergraduate degree in Geotechnical, Geological, Civil or Mining Engineering.
- Minimum of four years of industry or consulting experience.
- Proven ability to manage projects and communicate clearly and effectively.
- Prepared to travel and be in the field for assignment of intervals of up to 2 weeks.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite of programs, ACAD systems and the Geo-slope suite of programs.
- Eligible for professional registration with APEGGA.
Norwest offers a competitive salary and benefit package and a progressive and challenging work environment.